Request for Secondary Review of Security Deposit Settlement Statement
Summit Realty Property Management, LLC strives to ensure a fair distribution of the security deposit between the Landlord and Resident based on all available information regarding the condition of the property just prior to the move-in and just after the move-out. However, we do recognize there may be situations where you have additional information we initially did not take into account.
The purpose of this secondary review is to make sure you have the opportunity to provide additional information when you are not satisfied with the rationale for the return or withholding of your security deposit funds. Once this form is submitted, our review committee will objectively review all information, including your comments, solicit any additional information from the Landlord and/or Resident, and make any appropriate adjustments. The process will follow these steps:
- Review Property Condition Report at Move-In and Move-Out.
- Review all photos and/or videos in conjunction with the Property Condition Report.
- Review of the submission of the Request for Secondary Review of Security Deposit Settlement Statement (by you).
- Review Committee will re-assess based on all available information, including your account.
- Within fourteen (14) days of the submission, in writing, you will be notified of the Committee’s findings along with any adjustments or explanations.
- If there are any adjustments to the deposit based on the findings you will either receive a check, or possibly an invoice for additional amounts owed if further cleaning, maintenance and/or repairs are required or were missed upon the initial settlement.
- If you remain unsatisfied with the reasoning, we will invite you in to our office to review the pictures, video, and other documentation in an attempt to reach a mutual understanding.
If you would like Summit Realty to conduct this committee review, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, putting “Request for Secondary Review of Security Deposit Settlement Statement” in the subject line, with the following information:
Todays Date: __________
Name of Tenants on Lease: _________________________
Property Address: __________________________________
Current Address: _____________________________________
Current Email: ______________________________________
Date of Move Out: ______________________
Then state what you are disputing regarding the return of your security deposit. Be specific and attach any evidence that helps make your point. This may include emails, pictures, or any other documents.
Also, this statement must be stated in any email that you send pertaining to this security deposit settlement statement review:
I/we agree that we have looked at the move out photos and/or videos and reviewed the move out property condition report prior to submitting this request. All tenants must sign and date this request.